Wednesday, September 14, 2005

ON GUILT AND PRIVILEGE: from Jana Wallace (SIS)

Young Scholars,

I copied this from Jana's email to me. I will get all of you into the blog tomorrow at the beginning of seminar.



I agree with you whole-heartedly, especially when feeling guilty with the priviledge that we surely take for granted, like a place to stay and the pairs of shoes in our closets. The sad thing is, is that our generation doesn't know. Like you said, we're taught not to serve, and better yet, we're not taught our history. If it wasn't for ADW, I would have still be dellusional to what's taking place. I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts, and I pray that, as a people, we're learning from this experience. If we can't get the message now, what else must happen to make us open our eyes... *hug* Stay strong!
Sincerely,

Jana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home